12 Movies That Will Actually Inspire Your Magic

Other's Lists

I really can't get behind any lists that are about fantasy movies. Fantasy movies don't inspire as much as the right gnosis at the right time. So the movies I choose to share will get help get you the right gnosis at the right time for a super nova of inspiration. If you don't find my list inspiring, try watching the movies on it. Here are some solid attempts that don't do it for me:

Field of Dreams

"If you build it, They will come." This movie conveys a true meaning to life. This is why it is at the top of my list. It's all about the magic of meaning, and you must set yourself aside and watch to understand.

Fierce Grace

Ram Dass was one of the first spiritual teachers who I believed that his experiences weren't imagined and had an exterior to it that I hadn't reached yet. He really brought me out of my deep skepticism and into a lighter more testable skepticism. This story is amazing and will want to make you get up and go do more of your paganism.

Ghost In The Shell (1995)

There's too much to tell about this one. Local place based appreciation is all throughout the movie. The city of neo-tokyo is portrayed almost as much as the plot in still shots. Each one of these shots is from a human's perspective, which is interesting because the entire original movie is about what Identity means as pertaining to mysticism and consciousness.

Bell Book and Candle (1958)

I haven't seen this on any lists, if you didn't include it in yours, this scene is why you should regret choosing something else: (ff to 56s)


True Hallucinations: Terence McKenna

No explanations needed, this man was a pioneer in consciousness. This movie contains amazing articulations of thought which will leave you wondering why the rest of us even flap our gums.

Wavy Gravy: Saint Misbehavin'

Wavy Gravy was an amazing person. From touring the country, to hanging with the Beatles, and on to India, Wavy really shows what a holy person ought to be like.

The Last Interview with Gopi Krishna

Gopi Krishna was very influential to realizing I was a borderman. The Seat of Brahman is real, it's the Sovereignty seat I write about, at the center of the labyrinth.

The Boy Who Lived Before

Cameron, the boy from Bara, and Island off of the coast of Scotland, remembers being born to a Shane Roberts. His parents in this life, take him to the village of his previous life, along with a researcher from the University of Virginia's Past Life Research Department.


The Secret of Roan Inish

I picked this movie because of my bias towards its cultural significance. However, my favorite part in this move is the smooring ritual and it has inspired and entire paradigm shift in my magic many years ago. 

Amistad (1997)

I think any pagan or witch who calls upon their ancestors for either religious or pragmatic magic can appriciate this scene. I don't know if it has the impact it should if you haven't seen it and have followed the struggles of Cinque.


Edward Scissorhands

For the same reasons of morals, ethics, identity, consciousness, and sentience, this movie applies to mysticism and will convey the true meaning of magic and purpose of the world.

The Holy Mountain

I feel anyone would be hard pressed not to find something in this they can use to augment their practice.

Popular Posts